Alshark (X68000) (gamerip) (1991)

This album is a bit long and tricky, but I'd overall give it a 7.5/10. There's a lot of songs and they aren't consistent in quality, ranging from good to slightly bad, with most being merely mediocre. Nothing is extremely memorable but there are some that are fairly pleasing to listen to. For a lot of these songs, the instrumentation is just imperfect- they would be much better if the composer went past generic synthesizer instruments. However, the beats are great at times. However, problematically, a lot of songs are simply too long and tend to drone on and on to be noticeable. Some of the beats are just simply misses too. For instance, Track 26, Track 26, Colonial Ship, has a weird winding down a little before the middle. I understand what they were going for with it but it just misses and sounds bad. Track 36, Fear [Conversation - Crisis], also just is ear splitting at one point.

In my opinion, the better tracks are:
Fire Field, Battle Buggy and Charge! Tank Battler, Silent Satellite, Palace Wulia, Smaaaash !!, Star Terminal, Joe is No.1 , and Shoko, My Love ~ Surely we must meet again (this one has a nice meow twang, but gets inharmonious around the 2:20 mark).

Last edited:
Back