PERFECT SELECTION DRACULA BATTLE II (1995)

I have to wonder if Naoto Shibata is related to Tetsuya Shibata in some way or another, because the usage of metal to a demon-slaying themed game makes me wonder if that kind of a connection is possible. Still, this is a great soundtrack, with a couple hit-and-miss parts to it.

I don't find myself as attracted to this one as I do the first one, because the tempo, while given power by metal on Castlevania, is a little slower than the Castlevania tracks that I'm used to. It's not a problem, but a matter of personal taste. Others might not consider this a pet peeve at all.

I recommend both this and the first soundtrack quite highly if you like Castlevania to a genre remix.

Just like the first vol. of this, it's a pretty good rip, and includes the FLAC which is amazing and gives people options. Name is wrong though just like the first one. It should be called: Perfect Selection Dracula Battle II.

I prefer the first one much more, but is still a very good album.

Also like the first vol. This uses a VBR (variable bit rate) over a CBR (Constant bit rate), and not sure if LAME MP3 encoding was used here. Just use FLACsquisher if you prefer this like me.

There is also scans of the booklet and other items of higher quality that are missing I have here.

Back