BROKEN THUNDER -project THUNDER FORCE VI- (2005)

Thunder Force was an awesome game series with an excellent soundtrack. I still play Lightening Force (Thunder Force IV) on my Sega Genesis mainly because of the music.

This is full of great pieces. Excellent tech-rock stuff for the most part. All of these would be suitable for blasting in the car as you speed across the asphalt. However, the real gold of the album is in the last five songs. Last Letter damn near made me cry, and Cyber Cave -Sunset Clouds- makes me emotional, like I am saying goodbye to a friend for the last time (in the sunset, no less!) Stand Up Against Myself and CIEL -jeteveux- are both very inspiring. You would be hard-pressed to find better stuff than those songs.

This soundtrack contains the music used for the cancelled Thunder Force VI game for the Dreamcast.
Is there any chance that there will be an upload for the music used in the doujin PC game, Broken Thunder (there's an OST for Limited Edition)?

Dang!!! I have say i love it when they bring back the classics!! Yes I have to agree with Neocrimson because I do the same with the Genesis, mainly for the Metal Squad music and the ending musics. I love it! Thanks for the music.

Dang…this album actually almost made me tear up. Reminds me of my days with my good old Mega Drive and the most awesome shoot ‘em up series ever. Really nostalgic and awesome.

Back