Castlevania: Bloodlines (Genesis) (gamerip) (1994)

Castlevania Bloodlines Has An Amazing Soundtrack. From The Remixes, The Boss Themes, Stage 1, & Stage 3. The Game itself Is Back to the Castlevania difficulty & It's A Pretty Great Game. Soundtrack:9.2/10. Game:7.2/10.

Probably my favorite classic Castlevania game (even though they're all hard as hell.) The soundtrack is great, and the Genesis versions of songs from the (S)NES games is cool! Reincarnated Soul, Bloody Tears, Theme of Simon, and Messenger from the Devil are all amazing!!

Probably my favorite classic Castlevania game (even though they're all hard as hell.) The soundtrack is great, and the Genesis versions of songs from the (S)NES games is cool! Reincarnated Soul, Bloody Tears, Theme of Simon, and Messenger from the Devil are all amazing!!
Super Castlevania IV and Simon's Quest aren't very hard for Castlevania standards.

Castlevania Bloodlines stands its ground very well. The game is stunning graphically even today. With a boatload of cool stage effects being used, like the reflections in the water at the beginning of stage 2. As for the gameplay, it is classic Castlevania, with two characters to choose from, each with a different playstyle. John Morris plays like your run-of-the-mill Belmont, using a whip. As for Eric Lecarde, he uses a spear with greater range than John's whip. Eric's design is very feminine, which I don't mind. It is funny though that some of his character art for overseas versions of this game was changed to be more male-looking:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis_32x_scd/cvbl/sheet/18780/
Eric's sprite during gameplay has green hair for whatever reason. The soundtrack of this game is very good, and for Genesis standards is very impressive. Each song is composed beautifully, the soundfont of the Genesis complimenting the Castlevania vibe. It sounds like harps or an organ, and it works well. Overall, Castlevania Bloodlines is a great game in the Castlevania series, with some truly impresive graphics and music.

You people are wrong. Castlevania Bloodlines suck. The graphics are trash and everything about it is trash. Super Castlevania IV is revolutionary and is the better game

You people are wrong. Castlevania Bloodlines suck. The graphics are trash and everything about it is trash. Super Castlevania IV is revolutionary and is the better game
While I won't deny that Super Castlevania IV is the better game, I don't think that Castlevania Bloodlines is a bad game. In some aspects, Bloodlines does things better than Super Castlevania IV actually, with many of the graphical effects being quite outstanding.

I think Castlevania: Bloodlines is a amazing game, but Super Castlevania IV beats it in terms of music, atmosphere, and bosses even tho both of them suffer from easy bosses. On a side note, I think the whipping in multiple directions thing made Super Castlevania IV too easy. It's cool, but it removes a lot of challenge from the NES games. Personally, I think Castlevania III and Bloodlines is better then Super Castlevania IV.

No
While I won't deny that Super Castlevania IV is the better game, I don't think that Castlevania Bloodlines is a bad game. In some aspects, Bloodlines does things better than Super Castlevania IV actually, with many of the graphical effects being quite outstanding.
False. Bloodlines is a bad game and It doesn’t do anything better than Castlevania IV. Many of the graphical effects are way better on Castlevania IV. Most of the graphical effects on Bloodlines aren’t even real, they’re pseudo.

No

False. Bloodlines is a bad game and It doesn’t do anything better than Castlevania IV. Many of the graphical effects are way better on Castlevania IV. Most of the graphical effects on Bloodlines aren’t even real, they’re pseudo.
I don't think some of the effects being pseudo makes them any less interesting. Although, the mode 7 effects in Super Castlevania IV are pretty cool as well.

Either way, I respect your opinion and you are allowed to have it, I'm not going to try and change your mind.

Back