1942 (Arcade) (gamerip) (1984)

1942 has a amazing soundtrack! The melody is very catchy and it's music is very inspirin- it only has two songs in the whole game with a very repetitive song that will stick in your head for a long while after you finish it. Well, they screwed up a video game soundtrack which is one of the most important things in a game besides the gameplay, so you'll hope the game itself will make up for it right? Nope. It's also very repetitive with the same two enemies throughout the whole game with boring weapon upgrades that range from giving you more fire power or two extra mini air planes to shoot down Japanese aircrafts. While on that, if you couldn't tell by the title, 1942 is a game that takes place during WWII. At the time, this game was very controversial because it was made by Japanese game designers in a game where you play as a U.S. Pilot shooting down Japanese air crafts. Anyway, in this boring game, you have to clear 32 long and boring stages with a boss here and there. By a boss, I mean the exact same big Japanese air craft with the same attacks. If you couldn't tell, I think this game is very boring with boring enemies, lame weapons, repetitive gameplay, repetitive and annoying music, and crappy "Bosses." As for the difficulty, it's hard, but not in a frustrating way. What I mean by that is that you'll be hoping to see the end by the fourth or fifth stage. The later games in this series are miles better then this pile of crap. I played this through the Capcom Arcade Stadium and it was the last one I played in Capcom's 194X series and its the worst one by far. This game also got a NES port in 1986 (1985 in Japan) and I hear it's worse then the original game.
Game: 4.6/10.
Soundtrack: 1/10.
Note: I plan to review Capcom's 194X series, so I'll go into more detail when I eventually review this series.

Last edited:
Back