Rockman X8 Original Soundtrack (2005)

Yes yes.. I tought this was a bad Ost.. but its amazing!
Worthy download!
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Mega Man X8's Soundtrack Is Really Boring and Duel Like Mega Man 5, Mega Man 8, X2, & X5. But X8 Is a huge Plus From X5-X7 In Gameplay And Quality But A Bit Of The Levels Suck And Drag for too long. The Soundtrack:3/10. Game:5.9/10.

Mega Man X8's Soundtrack Is Really Boring and Duel Like Mega Man 5, Mega Man 8, X2, & X5. But X8 Is a huge Plus From X5-X7 In Gameplay And Quality But A Bit Of The Levels Suck And Drag for too long. The Soundtrack:3/10. Game:5.9/10.
Compared to X7 this is the best game ever lol

Mega Man X8's soundtrack is meh. Most of the theme songs are forgettable or are just basic video game music. My favorites are bamboo pandamonium, Vile's theme, The Boss theme, The Jakob Orbital Elevator, and Lumine's 2nd form. As for the game itself, it's good and fun. The stages are good besides Burn Rooster, Gigabolt Man-O-War, and Optic Sunflower. I hate Burn Rooster because it's long, boring, and uninteresting. (I only died once at the beginning and the stage wasn't as hard as I remembered it). I hate Gigabolt Man-O-War because it's a pain to keep up with him in order to shot him down. If you know what to do, then it basically isn't a level. I hate Optic Sunflower because all you do is fight enemies in a variety of different ways. But you get to fight Cut Man if you do it perfectly, so that somewhat fixes the problem of the stage being boring. The Armors are great and unlike X7, there's more then one armor again. You also get the benefits of the armor upgrade as soon as you find it instead of having to have the full set. You can also mix and match whatever armor upgrade you want with a different armor set. Oddly enough, Mega Man X8 has religious references. The first level is Noah's Park, Sigma's design is literally the devil, Lumine's 2nd form looks like a angel, and the subtitle for Lumine's 2nd form is lost paradise. I'm not saying it's a problem, but I'm just saying. Honestly, I think it's kinda cool. Mega Man X8 introduces two new navigator's, Layer and Palette. By the way, Alia is still around. Each navigator helps you in different categories such as Boss patterns, hidden items, etc. If you don't want any navigators to assist you, you can go into the stage by yourself. The team up mechanic from Xtreme 2 and X7 returns, but they made it even better. You can do a ultimate attack (I forgot the name of it) when the attack meter is full and it does a good amount of damage. I mainly use it on bosses I have a hard time with or when I'm low on health. Speaking of the bosses, most of them are challenging and fun. When they run low on health, they'll use their own ultimate attack. Some of them can drag on for a while, but for the most part, the bosses are great. As for the playable characters, they fixed zero and he's fun to use again. You don't have to unlock X like you did in X7 (Who thought that was a good idea). They made Axl unique, but compared to X and Zero he isn't as useful as them. His copy shot still f*cking sucks like in X7. You can also unlock female characters of them (Alia is X, Layer is Zero, and Palette is Axl). However, they are very expensive, so unless if you have nothing better to do or if you don't have a life, have fun getting them all. Lastly, instead of finding sub tanks and heart tanks, you buy them from a shop with metals. (By the way, the only way to get sub tanks is getting rare metals in stages). As for the story, this is the first X game and so far the only X game where Sigma isn't the main villain or the secret villain. Overall, Mega Man X8 is a good game with a mediocre soundtrack.
Soundtrack: 5.1/10.
Game: 6.3/10.

Last edited:
Mega Man X8's soundtrack is meh. Most of the theme songs are forgettable or are just basic video game music. My favorites are bamboo pandamonium, Vile's theme, The Boss theme, The Jakob Orbital Elevator, and Lumine's 2nd form. As for the game itself, it's good and fun. The stages are good besides Burn Rooster, Gigabolt Man-O-War, and Optic Sunflower. I hate Burn Rooster because it's long, boring, and uninteresting. (I only died once at the beginning and the stage wasn't as hard as I remembered it). I hate Gigabolt Man-O-War because it's a pain to keep up with him in order to shot him down. If you know what to do, then it basically isn't a level. I hate Optic Sunflower because all you do is fight enemies in a variety of different ways. But you get to fight Cut Man if you do it perfectly, so that somewhat fixes the problem of the stage being boring. The Armors are great and unlike X7, there's more then one armor again. You also get the benefits of the armor upgrade as soon as you find it instead of having to have the full set. You can also mix and match whatever armor upgrade you want with a different armor set. Oddly enough, Mega Man X8 has religious references. The first level is Noah's Park, Sigma's design is literally the devil, Lumine's 2nd form looks like a angel, and the subtitle for Lumine's 2nd form is lost paradise. I'm not saying it's a problem, but I'm just saying. Honestly, I think it's kinda cool. Mega Man X8 introduces two new navigator's, Layer and Palette. By the way, Alia is still around. Each navigator helps you in different categories such as Boss patterns, hidden items, etc. If you don't want any navigators to assist you, you can go into the stage by yourself. The team up mechanic from Xtreme 2 and X7 returns, but they made it even better. You can do a ultimate attack (I forgot the name of it) when the attack meter is full and it does a good amount of damage. I mainly use it on bosses I have a hard time with or when I'm low on health. Speaking of the bosses, most of them are challenging and fun. When they run low on health, they'll use their own ultimate attack. Some of them can drag on for a while, but for the most part, the bosses are great. As for the playable characters, they fixed zero and he's fun to use again. You don't have to unlock X like you did in X7 (Who thought that was a good idea). They made Axl unique, but compared to X and Zero he isn't as useful as them. His copy shot still f*cking sucks like in X7. You can also unlock female characters of them (Alia is X, Layer is Zero, and Palette is Axl). However, they are very expensive, so unless if you have nothing better to do or if you don't have a life, have fun getting them all. Lastly, instead of finding sub tanks and heart tanks, you buy them from a shop with metals. (By the way, the only way to get sub tanks is getting rare metals in stages). As for the story, this is the first X game and so far the only X game where Sigma isn't the main villain or the secret villain. Overall, Mega Man X8 is a good game with a mediocre soundtrack.
Soundtrack: 5.1/10.
Game: 6.3/10.
Honestly I hate this soundtrack and I only have one favorite,
the Title Theme. Game: I have never played this game. Soundtrack: 2.1/10

Last edited:
Honestly I hate this soundtrack and I only have one favorite,
the Title Theme. Game: I have never played this game. Soundtrack: 2.1/10
If you're thinking about trying this game, I should warn you about retry chips. If you played Mega Man Zero 1, then you should know what I'm talking about. If you didn't, then retry chips are basically lives but when you run out of them, you have to go back to the title screen and you can't retry the mission/stage you were on. Plus if you didn't save after the last mission/stage you completed, then you have to do it again. I didn't mention retry chips because I never had a problem with them when I played this game and Mega Man Zero.

This game is love it or hate it. As for the soundtrack, it's not really anything special. I like Primrose and Lumine's 2nd Phase theme, but that's about it.

This game is love it or hate it. As for the soundtrack, it's not really anything special. I like Primrose and Lumine's 2nd Phase theme, but that's about it.
Yeah I feel the same way about X8's soundtrack. The game itself, I think it's good, but it has a lot of flaws like retry chips, the weapons, stages that range from good to boring and horrible, and the story which isn't written very well. But, at the very least, Sigma isn't the final boss this time (Thank f*cking god).

Back