Myst ~ The Soundtrack (1998)

This game is breathtaking. This game has an air about it which has failed to be imitated or duplicated by any other video game created. After I beat this game in the mid-90s, I still to this day continue to wander the solitude of Myst Island and the Ages which Atrus carefully wrote into existence. This is the game that standardized the usage of CD-ROM as a medium and revealed just what computers were capable of, not just cheesy 2D games, but a surrealistic world in which the player becomes immersed inside of. The soundtrack is interwoven with the game masterfully. The instruments that are used usually would not be played in unicen, but Robyn Miller does a superb job of capturing the mood of every area, knowing exactly which emotions to bring out in which places through the mood of the melodies and the instruments chosen. The only thing that I dislike about this soundtrack is that there aren't more tracks on it.

The Myst Soundtrack is absolutely fantastic! The samples are slightly lo-fi, but the composition is just ace. It fits the game's style fabulously. 10 out of 10!

I would say that this game would be the best game produced, and I still think about the infinity of time when I listen to the music. Great job, Cyan!!!

This game was released long before its time. Broke so many records both for story line, game play, and most impressive, music. This game set the standard in gaming much the way that the I-phone set the standard in phones.

Back