19XX: The War Against Destiny (CP System II) (Arcade) (gamerip) (1996)

19XX: The War Against Destiny's Soundtrack is incredible! It's a real nice mix of rock and jazz and it just sounds great. I don't have any favorites of this soundtrack yet, but I will on future playthroughs. As for the game itself, it's easily the best game in the series. This game adds some new features to the series. For starters, it gives you the option between three different airplanes to pick from which vary on their speed and power, but I always pick the lighting airplane because it's the balanced one of the three. You also get a new charged attack in this game. When charged, you shot a green projectile that fires homing shots at whenever enemy/boss you shot at. As for the weapons, they're all returning weapons from previous games like the 3 Way, the Super Shell, and the 4 Fire. The game also has some very exciting levels with a large variety of enemies with interesting attacks (the variety is even more then 1941). As for the bosses, they're really fun with hard to dodge attacks and hell, some of the bosses and enemies have attacks that can make it feel like your playing a bullet-hell Shmup game. By the way, the game removes the health bar from the last game which means one hit deaths with three lives. As for the difficulty, it's hard, but in a fun way. Lastly, this game has a rank system and you get medals in the stages, but it's nothing important because it's just to have a higher score. Overall, 19XX: The War Against Destiny is a fantastic game with a great soundtrack, fun stages, fun enemies and bosses that can sometimes shot bullet-hell projectiles, great weapons, and a great airplane system with different airplanes to pick from.
Game: 8.6/10.
Soundtrack: 8/10.
Note: I plan to review Capcom's 194X series, so I'll go into more detail when I eventually review this series.

Last edited:
Oh dude, i really loved this game af... the graphics, that OST, the designs of enemies, bosses, levels and etc.

And that ending, make me shed a tear of happiness...

First time an arcade game make me feel something like that, this game is special, and I hope that everyone will have the possibility to experience it and try it for themselves, much better now with the ease of getting an emulator.

Really try this game,is a forgotten and cult jewel . đź‘Ť

Oh dude, i really loved this game af... the graphics, that OST, the designs of enemies, bosses, levels and etc.

And that ending, make me shed a tear of happiness...

First time an arcade game make me feel something like that, this game is special, and I hope that everyone will have the possibility to experience it and try it for themselves, much better now with the ease of getting an emulator.

Really try this game,is a forgotten and cult jewel . đź‘Ť
I played the game through the Capcom Arcade Stadium along with the other entries except for 1943 Kai because that one wasn't available on the first Arcade Stadium.

Back