ToukiDenshou (Arcade) (gamerip) (1996)

This is a high quality album and it sounds great. It starts out pretty good and then starts to piddle around Betty My Love. Betty My Love has a nice mysterious feeling to it and is a very well made track, but the sort of humming instrument just doesn't bring the same punch, even if it is appropriate. There are other minor issues as well. For instance, Kanade (Kiriko) is a bit repetitive, even if it does have a nice sound. Angel Descends (Angel) sounds great as a beginning, but it feels like it is constantly building up to a crescendo that never quite arrives. There also seems to be a recording flaw in Eternal Flame (Reika) that is repeatedly played (it's most obvious at 2:10-11). I thought it was possibly an issue with the rip, but nope, it's in both the arcade version and the official soundtrack. Aside from these minor flaws, though, this album is best when the guitar is playing and it's delving into hard rock. The other tracks are frequently good as well though, they just aren't quite as strong. My favorite track, The Name is Mikazuchi Raiya (Raiya) is just pretty strong. It starts out hard and then keeps finding more ways to go harder. Overall, 9.5/10.

In my opinion,
Best Tracks: The Name is Mikazuchi Raiya (Raiya) then TouKiDenShou - Angel of Light (Opening) (that build up)
Also Good: Hurrie (Highway Star), Stotter (Lina), Chibiko March (Chibiko), Satisphee (Staff Credit)

Back