Super Mario 64 Restored (1996)

Is this from the Church of Kondo?
Nope!
These are from Video-Game OST HQ, where I take a different approach to rendering Nintendo 64 music in HD! I debugged the games and copied the audio-rendering code into a new C++ synthesizer designed specifically for rendering music how Nintendo 64 does, except where the games use approximations and take shortcuts for performance, I use the fully detailed algorithms using 64-bit floats instead of 16-bit PCM!

The result is literally the exact in-game music—the same reverb, the same vibrato, the same tremolo, the same envelopes, etc.—except all in HD!
In this case there was an additional upgrade in that the original HD uncompressed source samples were used instead of the in-game samples!

Enjoy!

Nope!
These are from Video-Game OST HQ, where I take a different approach to rendering Nintendo 64 music in HD! I debugged the games and copied the audio-rendering code into a new C++ synthesizer designed specifically for rendering music how Nintendo 64 does, except where the games use approximations and take shortcuts for performance, I use the fully detailed algorithms using 64-bit floats instead of 16-bit PCM!

The result is literally the exact in-game music—the same reverb, the same vibrato, the same tremolo, the same envelopes, etc.—except all in HD!
In this case there was an additional upgrade in that the original HD uncompressed source samples were used instead of the in-game samples!

Enjoy!
This is actually awesome! My biggest worry with "restored music" projects is that they may just sound off and different from the originals, and it's what drives me away from a lot of them.

This is actually awesome! My biggest worry with "restored music" projects is that they may just sound off and different from the originals, and it's what drives me away from a lot of them.
That is exactly the issue! When I want to listen to an OST in HD, I still want it to sound exactly like how it does in the game, just crisp and clean!
“Restores” in the style of Church of Kondo can sure sound nice, and it’s always good to provide people with options for how they want the restored music to sound, but having restored music that sounds identical to the in-game sound has been a gap that has needed to be filled for a very long time!

Back