Star Wars - The Force Unleashed (PS3, Xbox 360, Windows) (2013)

Mark Griskey's score for The Force Unleashed is far closer and grander to the sound and scope of John Williams' scores for the movies than either Joel McNeeley's Shadows of the Empire or even Kevin Kiner's Clone Wars. I truly hope he is hired to compose at least one of the upcoming Star Wars stand-alone films.

^Ignore this guy. Shadows of the Empire is still the best Star Wars video game soundtrack. This is coming from someone who got a Masters in Music Performance and studied orchestration under a Grammy-nominate d composer. I know my stuff, and Joel McNeely was nothing to snuff at. Both composers write quite well, Griskey and NcNeely. I honestly think they're very close, but perhaps Gordy Haab's work for Battlefront 2 has come close to top Shadows of the Empire. I also think that Solo's soundtrack done by John Powell is nothing to snuff at either. We're pretty fortunate to have many choices as Star Wars fans!

I didn't even get to mention the rarely mentioned KOTOR and TOR soundtracks. They're both phenomenal too!!

Mark Griskey's score for The Force Unleashed is far closer and grander to the sound and scope of John Williams' scores for the movies than either Joel McNeeley's Shadows of the Empire or even Kevin Kiner's Clone Wars. I truly hope he is hired to compose at least one of the upcoming Star Wars stand-alone films.
^Ignore this guy. Shadows of the Empire is still the best Star Wars video game soundtrack. This is coming from someone who got a Masters in Music Performance and studied orchestration under a Grammy-nominate d composer. I know my stuff, and Joel McNeely was nothing to snuff at. Both composers write quite well, Griskey and NcNeely. I honestly think they're very close, but perhaps Gordy Haab's work for Battlefront 2 has come close to top Shadows of the Empire. I also think that Solo's soundtrack done by John Powell is nothing to snuff at either. We're pretty fortunate to have many choices as Star Wars fans!

I didn't even get to mention the rarely mentioned KOTOR and TOR soundtracks. They're both phenomenal too!!
I think we all know who is better, this is really just a debate about who gets second place at this point. John williams beats these guys by a landslide. You should really be debating on who should take his place when he kicks the bucket, because the only way these guys will be better than John Williams is when he stops making music.

Shadows of the Empire isn't a video game soundtrack. It's a soundtrack to the novel.

I think we all know who is better, this is really just a debate about who gets second place at this point. John williams beats these guys by a landslide. You should really be debating on who should take his place when he kicks the bucket, because the only way these guys will be better than John Williams is when he stops making music.
These guys are already better than John Williams at the moment. John Williams stunted his own growth by deliberately ignoring the Prequel motifs in the latest Star Wars films.

Back