Mitsumete Knight Original Game Soundtrack (1998)

My Rating: 9.1/10
Great Tracks:
Embracing the Dream [1.5], It's My Way [1.11], What are you doing [1.35]
Also Good:
A New Journey [1.3], My Favorite Sweet [1.6], Galloping Through the Streets [1.9], A Forest of Chemistry [1.19], Stay Close [1.20], Cold Lips [1.21], Premoition of Happiness [1.30], Scenery I Once Saw [1.33], The Circus Is Here [1.45], Rippling Surface [1.51], If I Love Another (vocals) [1.56], May Festival [2.5]

As we all know, Japanese games can only take place in one of two locations: High school or Medieval Europe. This is the Tokimeki Memorial equivalent of the latter. The album feels constructed very similarly to a Tokimeki Memorial, with strong character tracks that are quite memorable and that give you insight into their personalities without seeing them. There are many little memorable tunes here (1.5 and 1.6, especially). However, while the first disc is great, the second one falls off a bit and has a more midi-composed CD audio sound. It's still decent enough, though, but a definite downgrade. Overall though, strong album and that first disc is plenty good enough, boasting a very European sound with flutes and accordions.

Back