Super Mario 30th Anniversary Concert (Live recording)

I have to be brutally honest, this album is very poor. The songs are just unbearable due to the quality of the recording. It sounds like it was all recorded on a cellphone, then uploaded to youtube, then someone recorded the youtube video with their cellphone and then uploaded it again on the lowest quality setting as if they were trying to avoid audio detection. If these were higher quality, then it would be worth listening to. Unless these files get fixed or something, don't bother trying to listen to this. We'll just have to miss out on this one for the sake of not making our eardrums bleed from compression and horrible reverb.

It's not as bad as all that. It IS however, a Live recording. You can't compare it to the standard album cover. It Just has that "echoey" sound you get with all live recordings

This could've been a beautiful album, but the quality just isn't there. This no doubt is a wonderful performance, but the recording method just detracts too much for it to be a worthwhile listen.

I would pay so much money for a proper studio recording of this but alas, this seems to be the only recordings of these tracks out there.

I like how the Super Mario Galaxy Melody starts off with Buoy Base because we all know it's the best song in Mario Galaxy and clearly the composer knows this as well

What's sad is this is really Nintendo's fault. I found a video that shows a little bit of what happened before the concert (
) and it says in the description that's all that Nintendo LET them record. So I guess also when you think about it like that, we are very lucky somebody sneakily recorded this.

However, I was looking around, I also found these videos that give a good idea as to what it may have looked and sounded like if it were properly recorded
this video has a rehearsal that the band did
and this has some more audio of probably another rehearsal as well as a message from Koji Kondo and Masato Yokota, but I don't speak Japanese so I don't know what the message is

Back