Knuckles' Chaotix (32X) (Genesis) (gamerip) (1995)

Not only did this Happened but also any with the word SEGA is stripped from this site But it includes the Fan-Made Albums? Well If it's a Fan-Made album then it deserves to stay on here.
But at least Some Albums Survived. Like This One.

I just found out about this. I never would've expected SEGA to do this, considering how loose they are when it comes to copyright stuff. I mean, they aren't Nintendo. I'm just glad I downloaded some of these when I could.
Yeah Like on YouTube, DeoxysPrime gameripped SA2’s Opening theme from the game and they let that slide.

Yeah Like on YouTube, DeoxysPrime gameripped SA2’s Opening theme from the game and they let that slide.

Exactly. They'll let people post their music on YouTube, but they won't let them upload their music as FLAC and MP3 to a site dedicated to video game music downloads. That doesn't make much sense. Kinda rude, to be honest.

Wave Master? Who or what is Wave Master?
Wave Master is SEGA's Music label and manages the music of their games, most SEGA composers are part of Wave Master. This concerns official soundtrack releases and albums that you can either buy physically on CD or get on streaming services.
As this website offered many rips directly from released CDs, some of which mere weeks or months old, for FREE, a removal was ordered as the original composers would not get a single cent from this.
While they were at it, many other SEGA albums were ordered to be removed too, this one seems to have slipped through the cracks. Actually a lot of Sega properties are still here on this website, it's mainly just Sonic (and OutRun, After Burner) that really got the boot with a lot of fanmade albums, Gamerips and whatnot also removed.
As to why YouTube uploads are somehow allowed, it might be because the tracks uploaded are
a) mostly Gamerips, therefore compressed, not additionally mastered and not lossless studio quality
b) affected by the additional YouTube compression, which also further lowers the audio quality (or rather cuts off higher frequencies), even if most people are just fine with it
So you could make the argument that actually buying the album would still be worth it since it has the potentially extensively edited and mastered lossless audio tracks.

Wave Master is SEGA's Music label and manages the music of their games, most SEGA composers are part of Wave Master. This concerns official soundtrack releases and albums that you can either buy physically on CD or get on streaming services.
As this website offered many rips directly from released CDs, some of which mere weeks or months old, for FREE, a removal was ordered as the original composers would not get a single cent from this.
While they were at it, many other SEGA albums were ordered to be removed too, this one seems to have slipped through the cracks. Actually a lot of Sega properties are still here on this website, it's mainly just Sonic (and OutRun, After Burner) that really got the boot with a lot of fanmade albums, Gamerips and whatnot also removed.
As to why YouTube uploads are somehow allowed, it might be because the tracks uploaded are
a) mostly Gamerips, therefore compressed, not additionally mastered and not lossless studio quality
b) affected by the additional YouTube compression, which also further lowers the audio quality (or rather cuts off higher frequencies), even if most people are just fine with it
So you could make the argument that actually buying the album would still be worth it since it has the potentially extensively edited and mastered lossless audio tracks.

Yeah, but it's still a shame due to some (if not most) of the Sonic soundtracks not having an actual physical CD/vinyl release; at least not any available to the general public. That's why this site was so cool to me. It still is cool, but it just doesn't have lossless versions of the music from one of my absolute favorite video game franchises. Well, I guess I'll have to deal with it and stick with the ADX/AAX files from the actual games. I mean, at least most of them are of decent quality.

Back