The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch) (gamerip) (2023)

The missing tracks have been found and should be added soon. Credit goes to user dylantheisen who found the files and sent them to me.
Yeehaw 🤠 Glad I could be of help. I’m continuing to compile these files as seamless mixes/medleys on my YouTube channel… https://youtube.com/@dyltheisprod

As I make my way through the files, I’ve also been updating an Google Drive where all the songs are assembled, arranged, and named in order of their in-game appearances. You can find that link in the description of any video. Hopefully, if the project is completed before an official release, I can get that version uploaded here as well.

Best wishes to you all!

i found a way to get music from memories and cutscenes (and a lot of music that isnt here), but the files are huge (most are over 100mb wav files). they have seperate channels so you can turn off the sound effects and just have the music. not sure where to put them.

ill try to explain how to get them, but you need to have the game playable on yuzu.
  1. right click the game and click dump romfs (this will take a while)
  2. find and open the outputted folder and go to sound\resource\stream
  3. go to vgmstream dot org and click online web player
  4. drag a .bwav file to vgmstream (i think most of the memories start with DM_ZE, DMT_ZE or DM_ZN. the imprisoning war is DM_ZN_0033.bwav)
  5. click download and you'll get a wav file thats probably too quiet
to remove the sound effects or increase volume:
  1. open the wav in audacity (im still using an older version, but people dont like the newer ones)
  2. for some reason the wav file is really quiet, so increase its volume. im not sure if using gain (the + and - on the left) or amplify (top bar, effect>amplify) is better, so choose one (not both) and increase it by 10db
  3. the top track is most likely the music, so if you dont want sound effects then skip through all the other tracks to make sure they arent part of the music and mute them (click the boxes on the left).
  4. click file>export>export as mp3 (or export as wav)
  5. choose mp3 quality options then save
not sure what ViviVGM was talking about with "Cutscenes are not in the files since they are embedded on the video files.", that just isnt true at all.

Last edited:
i found a way to get music from memories and cutscenes (and a lot of music that isnt here), but the files are huge (most are over 100mb wav files). they have seperate channels so you can turn off the sound effects and just have the music. not sure where to put them.

ill try to explain how to get them, but you need to have the game playable on yuzu.
  1. right click the game and click dump romfs (this will take a while)
  2. find and open the outputted folder and go to sound\resource\stream
  3. go to vgmstream dot org and click online web player
  4. drag a .bwav file to vgmstream (i think most of the memories start with DM_ZE, DMT_ZE or DM_ZN. the imprisoning war is DM_ZN_0033.bwav)
  5. click download and you'll get a wav file thats probably too quiet
to remove the sound effects or increase volume:
  1. open the wav in audacity (im still using an older version, but people dont like the newer ones)
  2. for some reason the wav file is really quiet, so increase its volume. im not sure if using gain (the + and - on the left) or amplify (top bar, effect>amplify) is better, so choose one (not both) and increase it by 10db
  3. the top track is most likely the music, so if you dont want sound effects then skip through all the other tracks to make sure they arent part of the music and mute them (click the boxes on the left).
  4. click file>export>export as mp3 (or export as wav)
  5. choose mp3 quality options then save
not sure what ViviVGM was talking about with "Cutscenes are not in the files since they are embedded on the video files.", that just isnt true at all.
So I followed these exact steps (even did the same track) and got the exact same results that Vivi has shared. Vivi is correct to say that the cutscene sound effects are embedded into the same files as the cutscene music.

The six audio tracks you are referring to are the six surround-sound tracks (LF, RF, LR, RR, C, SUB) that play during these cutscenes. But, if you go and listen **all the way through** to each track individually, there are still sound effects that play within each, at the same time, at different volumes/frequencies.

So, in your example, you're just taking the Left Front audio track, converting it to mono, and playing that. Also, the reason these files are "really quiet" is because they're all supposed to play at the same time, and underneath audio. Additionally, it's to add what's called dynamic range. Most of these tracks are as loud as they can be without causing "clipping," and even though the music is quiet, the sound effects are about as loud as can be.

So, yes, for truly clean versions of most of the cutscene (Dm) songs, we will have to wait for some sort of official release. All of the music (BGM) tracks are now included with this album; I will continue to process and arrange the stems as full tracks. As for the cutscene tracks, I'll keep digging around and see if I can find anything where the sound effects are not an overbearing distraction.

I think "Large Dungeon Thunder 03" is missing. There is "Large Dungeon Thunder 03 Intro Cym", but that is only a few seconds long.

I'm working on renaming the various files, and will upload them with the correct(ish) names after I'm done.

Back