Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp (Switch) (gamerip) (2023)

This album was updated on 13th of October, 2023.

Change Log:
New, Cleaner Version of the Soundtrack.

What was originally posted here was just the collection of uploads from MegaTank on YouTube, but somehow in lower quality and with random hitching in the audio that was not present in MegaTank's uploads, resulting in me having to just download the videos posted by MegaTank directly from YouTube. Now, the version on this site is the www.sittingonclouds.org version (or wherever they got it from), which truncates Grit's themes and is also missing some of Grit's themes outright, and most of the combat variants are somehow missing the melody. Not sure how that happened unless whoever ripped the music had to assemble the tracks manually and just forgot the stem for the melody, which doesn't make sense because some of the tracks have it, so I will just assume they were too lazy to redo tracks they forgot to put the melody in and hope no one would notice. Seriously, if you don't believe me, just listen to all the Orange Star combat variants (on this site) and then compare them to the in-game versions from the music gallery. Andy's CO Power combat variant sounds very noticeably incorrect, as do all the others. We are so close to having a perfect game rip, and yet continue to come up short. Advance Wars is truly a cursed franchise. However, I am taking the time to assemble the entire soundtrack by combining the clean ripped audio of sittingonclouds with the full length audio of MegaTank's game recordings (as needed, such as for Grit's missing themes, and any incorrect combat themes). I am putting the tracks in the order defined by the in-game gallery, and extending them to play a few times (looping) before ending the track. I have no idea how long it will take me to finish them all, and I might even make extended or mixed versions of the tracks, but if anyone who controls uploads on this site is interested, I just wanted to put it out there that I am working on building a complete and correct soundtrack. Based on my lack of free time, I estimate I will be done in roughly mid November. I am going to share the album with my siblings when they visit me for the holidays, so I will complete it by Christmas 2023 regardless. The AW community deserves a complete soundtrack that we can be proud of for a game franchise that is repeatedly neglected.

Last edited:
What was originally posted here was just the collection of uploads from MegaTank on YouTube, but somehow in lower quality and with random hitching in the audio that was not present in MegaTank's uploads, resulting in me having to just download the videos posted by MegaTank directly from YouTube. Now, the version on this site is the www.sittingonclouds.org version (or wherever they got it from), which truncates Grit's themes and is also missing some of Grit's themes outright, and most of the combat variants are somehow missing the melody. Not sure how that happened unless whoever ripped the music had to assemble the tracks manually and just forgot the stem for the melody, which doesn't make sense because some of the tracks have it, so I will just assume they were too lazy to redo tracks they forgot to put the melody in and hope no one would notice. Seriously, if you don't believe me, just listen to all the Orange Star combat variants (on this site) and then compare them to the in-game versions from the music gallery. Andy's CO Power combat variant sounds very noticeably incorrect, as do all the others. We are so close to having a perfect game rip, and yet continue to come up short. Advance Wars is truly a cursed franchise. However, I am taking the time to assemble the entire soundtrack by combining the clean ripped audio of sittingonclouds with the full length audio of MegaTank's game recordings (as needed, such as for Grit's missing themes, and any incorrect combat themes). I am putting the tracks in the order defined by the in-game gallery, and extending them to play a few times (looping) before ending the track. I have no idea how long it will take me to finish them all, and I might even make extended or mixed versions of the tracks, but if anyone who controls uploads on this site is interested, I just wanted to put it out there that I am working on building a complete and correct soundtrack. Based on my lack of free time, I estimate I will be done in roughly mid November. I am going to share the album with my siblings when they visit me for the holidays, so I will complete it by Christmas 2023 regardless. The AW community deserves a complete soundtrack that we can be proud of for a game franchise that is repeatedly neglected.
Mixed versions would be neat, having it cycle through the normal, menu, and combat versions would be a great way to directly compare when listening.
Great to see that we're finally getting a good rip of this soundtrack! Me and my friend are big Advance Wars fans, and we really appreciate what you're doing!

Mixed versions would be neat, having it cycle through the normal, menu, and combat versions would be a great way to directly compare when listening.
Great to see that we're finally getting a good rip of this soundtrack! Me and my friend are big Advance Wars fans, and we really appreciate what you're doing!
I was getting frustrated with having to manually loop and repair and edit every single track, so instead, I will be taking the audio directly from the game (ripping it myself). This should result in the highest possible quality, but I will have to start over from scratch. That is fine. Advance Wars deserves it. I still plan on having the entire album, and many extras, completed by Christmas 2023 at the latest.

I was getting frustrated with having to manually loop and repair and edit every single track, so instead, I will be taking the audio directly from the game (ripping it myself). This should result in the highest possible quality, but I will have to start over from scratch. That is fine. Advance Wars deserves it. I still plan on having the entire album, and many extras, completed by Christmas 2023 at the latest.
Don’t worry about it! Take as long as you need to get this done, and don’t rush yourself!

Thank you for your hard work, looking forward to see the end product!

Thank you for your hard work, looking forward to see the end product!
I am still working on this. I only have Black Hole left to complete and some campaign music. I wasn't expecting to have to work overtime for the holidays, so my free time evaporated very fast. I will submit the soundtrack when I am done, of course. I'll join the Discord at some point as well (same username).

Geez, if the tracks are going to be this short, at least make them flawless loops....

Otherwise, great soundtrack.
The soundtrack I am putting together plays all tracks for four minutes, instead of one minute. Making a perfect loop is not possible since most tracks have intro segments that only play once.

I am still working on this. I only have Black Hole left to complete and some campaign music. I wasn't expecting to have to work overtime for the holidays, so my free time evaporated very fast. I will submit the soundtrack when I am done, of course. I'll join the Discord at some point as well (same username).
Any news.... ?

Any news.... ?
I think about it every day actually haha. I have full time work and full time school as well as some legal issues I have to attend to, so i'm always tied up and my small amounts of free time are spent with friends or family. However, it should be done in time for the one year anniversary of the game's release. I plan to join the discord once I finish it to make sure I submit it correctly.

I think about it every day actually haha. I have full time work and full time school as well as some legal issues I have to attend to, so i'm always tied up and my small amounts of free time are spent with friends or family. However, it should be done in time for the one year anniversary of the game's release. I plan to join the discord once I finish it to make sure I submit it correctly.
It's done. I just have to tag it now. I think the best day to release it would be the one year anniversary, so in the mean time, I might see if I can add some additional custom mix tracks or extend some tracks.

It's done. I just have to tag it now. I think the best day to release it would be the one year anniversary, so in the mean time, I might see if I can add some additional custom mix tracks or extend some tracks.
Cool! Thank you for your hard work on this, seeing it through to the end. I'm looking forward to hearing it!

Uploaded the complete album. Awaiting approval. I hope it is approved in time for the one year anniversary on April 21st.

Back