Mario Kart DS (DS, Wii U) (gamerip) (2005)

I've noticed that most of the final lap music in the Mario Kart DS music album appears to be normal pitch instead of being high pitch like most of the Mario Kart games from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! I'm not sure if there's any possiblity to have most of the final lap music in this album to be higher pitch I say...?

I've noticed that most of the final lap music in the Mario Kart DS music album appears to be normal pitch instead of being high pitch like most of the Mario Kart games from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! I'm not sure if there's any possiblity to have most of the final lap music in this album to be higher pitch I say...?
It's that way because that's how it is in-game.
The music is sequenced, and when you're on the final lap, it speeds up the tempo, so the pitch remains the same and the music is faster.
This is different than games like Double Dash, where the music is pre-recorded, so that music is sped up, increasing the tempo and pitch at the same time.
That is how it is in all of the games with sequenced music [SMK, MK64, MKSC, MKDS] and all the ones with pre-recorded music [MKDD, MKW, MK7, MK8, MKT]

The music is sequenced, and when you're on the final lap, it speeds up the tempo, so the pitch remains the same and the music is faster.
This is different than games like Double Dash, where the music is pre-recorded, so that music is sped up, increasing the tempo and pitch at the same time.
That is how it is in all of the games with sequenced music [SMK, MK64, MKSC, MKDS] and all the ones with pre-recorded music [MKDD, MKW, MK7, MK8, MKT]
Incorrect. The pitch is still brought up by 1 semitone

I have MKDS and "Final Lap" songs are pitched up.
I'm from the UK so maybe UK versions pitch it up?

Back