Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GC) (gamerip) (2004)

Speaking of emulators, I have started playing the game on Dolphin and got up to about Boggly Woods but Dolphin reset my progress so I'm starting from the beginning

It's nice that you added missing tracks, though one complaint I have is that I preferred the old names for many of the already existing tracks.

Which is better: The American or Japanese box art?

800px-PMTTYD.jpg
jp.900x.jpg

I say American.

Last edited:
I can change the track titles if you tell me what they're supposed to be. :)
In General

- I'd get rid of the Chapter names from themes like Petal Meadows, Boggly Woods, and Riding the Blimp.

Specific tracks

1-2. Change "Opening Movie Part I" and "II" to "Intro Story" and "Peach and the Mysterious Map" respectively (I just think they're less boring titles; that applies to a lot of these suggestions).

6. "Opening Title" to "Adventure Begins."

7. "Prologue (A Rogue's Welcome)" to "Chapter Introduction" (This jingle is played during all chapter intros so it doesn't make sense for it to be named after the Prologue).
10. "Boss Battle I" to "Event Battle."

11. "New Member Joins Theme" to "Learning a New Skill."

13. "Underground" to "Rogueport Sewers."

17. "The Thousand Year Door Room" to "Ruins of the Thousand Year Door" (Sounds way cooler).

45. "The Great Tree" to "The Great Boggly Tree."

50. "Sudden Imprisonment" to "Lord Crump's Theme."

54. "Dancing for TEC" to "TEC's Walts" (Pretty minor).

72. "The Major League Locker Room" to "Glitz Pit Mysteries"

79. "Spooky Landscapes" to "Twilight Trail"

85. This one's minor but, the theme for Flavio's Ship also plays way earlier in the game after the opening title jingle when Mario is on his way to Rogueport, but most players just end up pressing A or something to move on, so it's never heard for too long there. If this track were to be moved back, please change the title to "All Aboard to Rougeport."

91. "Brewing a Potion" to "Cooking with Zess. T" (Pretty minor)

96. "On the Train" to "Excess Express at Day" (Simply calling it the train, again, sounds boring).

98. "Train at Sunset" to "Excess Express at Dusk."

99. "Train at Night" to "Excess Express at Night."

110. "Target is the Moon" to "Blast-off to the Moon."

116. "The Palace Key's Quest" to "Riddle Tower."

122. "Shadow Queen Battle I" to "Shadow Peach Battle."

123. "Shadow Queen Battle II" to "Invincible Shadow Queen Battle."

124. "Shadow Queen Battle III" to "Final Battle"

That's about it. You don't have to change all these, they're just my personal suggestions. If you disagree with any of them, that's fine.

In General

- I'd get rid of the Chapter names from themes like Petal Meadows, Boggly Woods, and Riding the Blimp.

Specific tracks

1-2. Change "Opening Movie Part I" and "II" to "Intro Story" and "Peach and the Mysterious Map" respectively (I just think they're less boring titles; that applies to a lot of these suggestions).

6. "Opening Title" to "Adventure Begins."

7. "Prologue (A Rogue's Welcome)" to "Chapter Introduction" (This jingle is played during all chapter intros so it doesn't make sense for it to be named after the Prologue).
10. "Boss Battle I" to "Event Battle."

11. "New Member Joins Theme" to "Learning a New Skill."

13. "Underground" to "Rogueport Sewers."

17. "The Thousand Year Door Room" to "Ruins of the Thousand Year Door" (Sounds way cooler).

45. "The Great Tree" to "The Great Boggly Tree."

50. "Sudden Imprisonment" to "Lord Crump's Theme."

54. "Dancing for TEC" to "TEC's Walts" (Pretty minor).

72. "The Major League Locker Room" to "Glitz Pit Mysteries"

79. "Spooky Landscapes" to "Twilight Trail"

85. This one's minor but, the theme for Flavio's Ship also plays way earlier in the game after the opening title jingle when Mario is on his way to Rogueport, but most players just end up pressing A or something to move on, so it's never heard for too long there. If this track were to be moved back, please change the title to "All Aboard to Rougeport."

91. "Brewing a Potion" to "Cooking with Zess. T" (Pretty minor)

96. "On the Train" to "Excess Express at Day" (Simply calling it the train, again, sounds boring).

98. "Train at Sunset" to "Excess Express at Dusk."

99. "Train at Night" to "Excess Express at Night."

110. "Target is the Moon" to "Blast-off to the Moon."

116. "The Palace Key's Quest" to "Riddle Tower."

122. "Shadow Queen Battle I" to "Shadow Peach Battle."

123. "Shadow Queen Battle II" to "Invincible Shadow Queen Battle."

124. "Shadow Queen Battle III" to "Final Battle"

That's about it. You don't have to change all these, they're just my personal suggestions. If you disagree with any of them, that's fine.
All done! Except for #85, I have no way to order tracks. Or atleast, I can't find how.

I'm trying to see if I can get a copy of Paper Mario TTYD for Christmas even though the remake is coming out next year. A complete version with the manual and inserts, no less...

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate my absolute insanity?

Back